PEER REVIEW PROCESS
The quality control system, aimed at ensuring a serious and anonymous evaluation of the works submitted to the peer-reviewed sections (Articles, Essays, Case notes), is structured in two stages.
- The Editorial staff, coordinated by the Editorial Executive Board, provides a first review to examine the consistency of the submission with the Series, the quality of the arguments and of the writing, the internal consistency concerning citation, quotation and paragraph numbering and the proficiency level of the language in which the contribution is submitted.
- Then, contributions accepted for review will be sent to up to three independent international reviewers suggested by the Editorial Board (according to the subject matter of the submitted work).
The Editorial Board functions in a flexible way enlisting scholars from individual countries (larger countries would require more than one) who will contribute in various ways to the life of the Journal. Besides suggesting peer reviewers, the Editorial Board will be asked, among other things, to solicit scientific contributions, contribute to the direction of the Journal and its expansion and promote special issues on dedicated topics.
The selected international reviewers will be asked to carry out the anonymous (double-blind) peer-review process by completing a review form that will include the following open questions:
- Is the article/essay/ embedded in the scholarly debate, including sufficient awareness of this debate and due consideration of previous works in the subject? If the answer is YES, please try to explain what is its proper originality with regard to content, scope and approach. If the answer is NOT, please try to outline the gaps that could be worked on.
- What is the relevance of the contribution in terms of capability to bring “added value” to the current body of knowledge?
- Do you recommend the publication of the article? If the answer is YES, would you like to add any comment? If the answer is NOT, what could be changed in order that the contribution can be accepted for publication in our Journal?
- Please list the most important strengths of this paper that the author should not lose in the process of revision.
- Please confirm the absence of any conflict of interest
The evaluation form is then immediately sent to the author.